I spent an hour or two to find this correct solution for how to unit test System.Net.WebClient in Visual Studio 2012. I found one page that actually had a minor typo in the implementation that caused me quite of a bit of aggravation. I won’t link to it, cause I don’t want to bump it up higher on Google. Here’s what my System.Fakes looks like:
<Assembly Name=”System” Version=”22.214.171.124″/>
I’ve been experimenting with writing unit tests as I write my code. I find it a very organic way of development and makes the unit tests almost free. My experience so far is that unit tests are best for back end testing.